If you're like me, you want to keep your skin as healthy and youthful as possible. But what do you do? You've got a busy schedule, and your morning routine is already packed with things to do.
For many people, moisturising is one part of their day that gets forgotten or pushed aside in a rush. That's where daytime skincare products come in: they allow us to care for our complexions without fitting all those steps into our busy lives!
The importance of daytime moisturising
You might think your skin is delicate without a daily moisturiser, but it's not. Your face needs moisture to stay healthy and look young. Your skin can become dry and flaky if you don't use a facial moisturiser. This can make makeup application difficult, cause pimples and blackheads (in addition to making them worse if they're already present), contribute to long lines, and even cause premature ageing!
A good daytime moisturiser will provide enough hydration so that your face doesn't feel greasy or oily during the day but keeps things balanced so that excess oil isn't produced. Finding one that works perfectly for you may take some experimenting (more on later).
- The daily moisturiser routine
- Apply moisturiser after cleansing.
- Use your fingertips to apply the product in a circular motion, starting at the centre of your face and working outwards.
- Avoid using too much facial moisturiser; just enough to cover all areas of dry skin is sufficient!
- Remember your neck and chest!
Apply an SPF every morning
The most important skincare product you can use is sunscreen. It's a must for daytime moisturising, and it will help prevent wrinkles and premature ageing, which will make your skin look younger for longer.
Here's why applying SPF every morning is a must:
- Shield against UV damage: SPF is a barrier protecting your skin from the sun's harmful UVA and UVB rays. Prevent premature ageing and sunspots, and reduce the risk of skin cancer.
- Preserve your skin's health: UV rays can cause collagen breakdown, leading to wrinkles and sagging skin. By wearing SPF, you maintain your skin's elasticity and overall vitality.
- Maintain an even complexion: Sun exposure can trigger pigmentation irregularities, such as dark spots and uneven skin tone. Applying SPF helps prevent these unwanted skin discolourations.
- Amplify your skincare routine: Combining SPF with your favourite moisturisers and serums helps create a powerful shield against environmental stress.
- Make it a habit: To apply a broad-spectrum SPF of at least SPF 30 every morning, even on cloudy days. Reapply throughout the day, especially if you're outdoors for extended periods.
- Prioritise your skin's health and radiance: Make SPF a non-negotiable part of your daily skincare routine. Your skin will thank you!
Sunscreen should be applied every morning before other products (like moisturizer), even if you're not going outside or it's cloudy! This way, the SPF protects against UVA rays while absorbing into the skin rather than just sitting on top of it like a heavy layer of lotion would do if applied later in the day.
If you want to improve your skin, exfoliation is one of the best ways. Exfoliating helps remove dead skin cells, allowing for better product absorption and improving overall texture. It also can help with acne, blackheads and whiteheads by removing excess oil trapped in pores.
Exfoliation helps to:
- Improve skin texture and tone
- Minimise the appearance of pores
- Reduce breakouts and blackheads
- Enhance the absorption of other skincare products
- Stimulate cell renewal for a youthful glow
Many different kinds of exfoliators are available on the market today. Some use natural ingredients like sea salt or sugar, while others include chemical components such as glycolic acid (an AHA) or salicylic acid (a BHA). Some people prefer physical exfoliators, while others prefer chemical ones - it's up to you!
Your skin deserves the best care, and the daily moisturiser routine is one of the best ways to get it. By incorporating a facial moisturiser into your morning routine, you can protect against sun damage and keep your skin looking younger for longer.
While there are many options out there, face Moisturizer with SPF 30 is the best choice because it provides broad-spectrum protection against ageing while also treating specific concerns like fine lines or wrinkles - all at an affordable price point!